Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"They Say It's Your Birthday. . ."
























According to the cosmic calculator, I wonder how many birthdays have been celebrated on Maplewood. If our family’s photo albums are any indication, the general answer is a lot. A couple of comments on the photo montage with this post:

Do any one-year-olds have fun at their own birthday parties?

Apparently my dad and I like to stand on chairs on our birthdays.

My mom, who was so good about celebrating and photographing other people’s birthdays, had no picture of her own birthday and I had to make due with a picture of her cutting someone else’s cake.

As a non birthday-related aside on pictures that didn’t make the cut, why didn’t someone tell me how awful my various hairstyles were? In the same vein, why is it that things we think look so good at the time, we recognize as hideous years later? Evolved taste? Some sociologist needs to do a study.

No comments: